View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
prichardson
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z CS M6
prichardson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysurfer View Post
Where in Ottawa did you buy your Z? I'm originally from Nepean

I can't believe they sell for over $50K there! Canadian taxes are a killer...
Not sure how long it's been for you but I bought from Hunt Club Nissan, which is a relatively new, large, bright, shiny dealership. Very slick. Walkley Nissan was torn down a few months ago - a new Shoppers Drug Mart is being built there.

I grew up in Nepean too! I went to Merivale High School. Good times.

Even if I could negotiate them down to Dealer Invoice ($42,214), taxes and all the rest still would have nudged it right up to $50K! At least that's fully loaded with all the goodies. Expensive, yes - but of all the cars I was looking at, this is only car I can afford which really makes me feel like I'm not compromising. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe is pretty good bang for the buck, but it's just not in the same league in my opinion. Pretty much every other car I was looking at you either needed to lay down some serious coin to feel like you weren't compromising (S4, S5, M3) or you couldn't get manual transmission (IS350). WRX STI caught my eye, but it just doesn't have the sex appeal. So I'm stoked to get my hands on my zed! (relax, yanks, 'zed' is an inner joke to a fellow Canuck)
prichardson is offline   Reply With Quote