View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
yubman
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
yubman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflag View Post
But that's not the real invoice price that Carmax site has listed, is it? 30,300 for base?
I think it's a bit higher due to the few options (auto trans and luminated kick plates).

$27308 is a pretty good price if your interested in an auto trans.

When I purchased mine in mid-January, CarMax had a red Touring with 6MT for just about $30k give or take ($5k less than sticker price of $35,515 and just about $2k less than invoice)

Another local nissan dealer had the same car in blue (i wanted blue more than red). I noted that carmax had the same car (only diffrent color) and they said they'd beat the carmax price by $500. Paid just about $29,500 I think before taxes, tags, etc.

I was pretty happy about getting a Touring for that price. It was either that or order a 2010 and haggle them to invoice or wait for CarMax to get one optioned the way I wanted (they won't order them... I asked).

As for some that say the car's a "year old", that didn't bother me as it's new and covered by warrenty from the purchase date. Also I tend to keep cars a long time (9-11 years average) so a good price was more important... means I'll pay it off sooner!
yubman is offline   Reply With Quote