View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #101 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on most of that. But to be jerked around for 4-6 months, and then all of a sudden put 100% faith into the company's "word" to inspect the product seems (and proved to be) naive.

I blame the company 99.9% for the way the situation turned out, not like my opinion matters of course, but sometimes a customer has to do everything *he can* to make sure a situation like this goes smoothly. The OP seemed to do quite a bit to actually make it worse, i.e. changing the order, installing an uninspected product, and prematurely selling his original parts.
Keep in mind I had someone waiting for my stock wheels for most of this time, and i was going to lose the sale (and I got a damn good price on selling them) if I waited any longer to ship them out.

I did fully inspect the wheels, and found that 1 wheel didn't match the color of the rest. After bringing this up with Forgestar they told me to mount them up and they would send a new wheel to replace the one that didn't match and cover the dismount/mount charge to replace it. It was only after I got everything mounted after beign told this, that I found the powdercoating job to not cover inside the spokes. It only shows in direct sunlight in the right angles, but at that time it is obvious...but something I wouldn't have seen until the wheels were on the car in the sun.

You can say it was naivity, or stupid on my part to mount them...but I had already gotten forgestar to agree to replace the bad wheel before mounting them. It was after the mounting that the problem on ALL of the wheels was found.

Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the final product I got. I wouldn't have really minded with the length of time to get them if I was told it would be a while from the beginning. But getting told 2-3 week build time, and then getting jerked around for 4-6 months is just terrible customer service. There were many times when it took 5 emails and 2 phonecalls just to get something out of them.
The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that in order to work the penis, the brain must remain whole.