View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
kevr6
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
it's pretty easy to drive a manual z smoothly if you have driven a manual transmission german car (i.e. they are tougher to drive smoothly, imo)
I disagree!! All the german cars I've had have been more refined and easier to shift!
The "Friction Zone" on The Z requires that you hold the clutch a pinch longer then most cars! What your experiencing is driveline lash like you'd find with a pick up truck!
As stated throghout this thread, Practice makes Perfect! There are a number of refinement issues with our cars...like the seat quality, the rear road noise, lack of adaptive xenons (Mazdas have those), the fact that we still have a power steering pump vs mechanical steering, shifter vibration, harsh rear suspension, and driveline lash!!!
But when you look at the price then you understand why.