View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
tinysumo
Base Member

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
tinysumo is on a distinguished road

I agree that this whole thing blew way out of proportions with congress getting involved and everything. And the media taking bits and pieces from the interviews making it seem like Toyota has no idea what's going on. In regards to the people's testimonies and some saying they had time to call their husband and possibly say their goodbyes?! I mean, how the heck do you have time to dial your husband and have a conversation while your veh is accelerating out of control? That would be the last thing on my mind. Its not like you're on a plane and have no control.

I also think this whole thing has made it convinient for drivers to blame all their accidents on "unintended acceleration" since Toyotas are now under recall. A lot of the congressmen yesterday said they received texts and stuff about how an avalon ended up off the road and into a tree. Accidents happen every day and it seems like now just since its a Toyota its automatically the fault of the unintended acceleration. But yah anyways, I had to vent a little too.
tinysumo is offline   Reply With Quote