View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
ArtVandaleigh
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370Z
ArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond reputeArtVandaleigh has a reputation beyond repute

The key to smooth driving is finding the clutch engagement point. When i learned to drive manual, i went to a vacant parking lot and practiced my stop and go driving for an hour a day. A week later, I had improved dramatically. If you can find a little incline to practice standing starts up a hill, this will also help you improve the feel of the clutch (not only to prepare you for the car rolling back as you start from the hill in possible traffic). Try gently applying the gas and in turn, gently letting up off the clutch. Once you feel the car lurching forward, put the clutch back down if you feel the motor bogging or ease it up to start forward. It wont take long before you will begin to take off smooth without bogging down, just start slow. Practice makes perfect.
ArtVandaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote