View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swapping a base ECU with a NISMO ECU

In the spring when my Z sees the light of day again, I plan to do a few modifications. I’ve already purchased a very slightly used NISMO stock exhaust system, which I plan to install with a B&M short throw shifter and an intake system (most likely a Stillen). I would also like to upgrade the ECU program to the NISMO flash, but I’ve heard Nissan won’t do this, and after-market companies haven’t come out with this flash, and most likely won’t.

Here is my question:

If I could find an owner who has replaced his stock NISMO ECU with an after-market ECU, and was able to purchase his stock NISMO ECU, could I install it in my Z without any issues?

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote