View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
iKnoYooNikka
Base Member

Drives: 05 Acura RSX-S
iKnoYooNikka is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliments and input. I'll try to address it in order.

I'm aware that the intake and exhaust are both not optimal mods to invest in initially if the ultimate goal is towards turbo or sc, but I failed to mention that boost will likely occur further down the line rather than ASAP. That being said, since your 370Z comes so beastly out the box, by following an I/HFC/E route, I feel he'll be able to enjoy the mods more along with the car's response to each of them. I changed my exhaust 4 times, not so much because of restriction, but the noise level's differed as well as the build quality. Now I'm on a custom 3" and still hesitant.

It's his first sports car and he's still getting the hang of everything; tuning in general and not to mention the thrill of having RWD. A steady approach to working on his own car will be most advantageous.

As far as COBB tuning Vipor, I'm sure if we lived closer to DFW we would highly consider it. Houston's still not too far so I wouldn't mind visiting their facility for our Z. I've not yet had time to look into how these cars are tuned: chips, stand-alone ecu's, piggy-back, etc. COBB however has always held a good place in my mind because I have a few friends with subarus and some mazdaspeeds that make good use of their products.

I'm sure the mods we've laid out will put him past me HP-wise, and as Dreamer reported a range of 320'ish whp would be a very nice start...should make a run-in with my car a lot more interesting.

Any more insight on tuning would be nice just to get my thoughts going in that area. Thanks.
iKnoYooNikka is offline   Reply With Quote