View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #500 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
I believe that's the benefit of an air-water intercooler? An air-air would have a pressure drop across it since the compressor is what forces the air through it. Yes I've been doing some reading

My question is though, does that intercooler use the same coolant from the radiator? Or does it have its own supply? And what pumps the coolant through that intercooler? Sorry for all the questions Kyle
True, however you have to keep in mind that we are putting a radiator/intercooler directly in the air path so there was the potential that it could cause a bit of a blockage and reduce the boost pressure. Fortunately though the intercooler is extremely efficient and working perfectly.

As Josh showed the intercooler does have its own isolated coolant path.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote