Thread: Vq37 + z32???
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vq37 + z32???

Anyone thought about putting the VQ37 in the z32 yet?

I have a z32 project I'm doing and currently thinking about using the VH45... But the a turbo kit in the VQ37 + the Z32 would be a pretty good combo since the VQ motors are a LOT lighter than the VG30 motor I have now. I weighed my car at the truck scales the other day and it came out to 3190. I figure that's about +/- 20 Lbs to accuracy. The VQ37 weighs (from what I've heard) about 90-120Lbs less than the VG30DETT so doing the swap would only add power without affecting the dynamics of the car too much.

I'll be picking up another Z32 to do this project soon and I'm going to hold off on buying the z34 until next year. More or less, I'd like to see what changes they make for the second year run.

I've looked around and can't find any place the sells a new VQ37. Looks like Nissan doesn't like to sell crate motors like the American car manufacturers do. But I did find a few VH45 motors and they're about $700. I figure I can build a bad-@ss Z32 for about 12K or less.

Any thoughts?