View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
BrokenVow
Base Member

Drives: 2004 Volvo S60R 6MT
BrokenVow is on a distinguished road

As a closet Ford fan I'm more concerned with how the Camaro matches up against the Terminators, which in my eyes, is still the king of the modern muscle cars. High 12 1/4 miles. 4.6s to 60? I'm not sure any of the new muscle cars have matched that. The SS should and considering its four door counterpart hits 60 in 4.5 seconds, (according to Motor Trend) I would put money on the SS being faster. I doubt the 370 can hang, even with a list of bolt ons. I'm really hankering for an all out muscle car battle. 03/04 SVT Cobra vs. LS2 GTO vs. 02 WS6/SS vs. Challenger SRT8 vs. New SS vs. GT500. That's all over the board I know, but just imagine the sight...

At the drag strip the Z fits in right behind the LS1's. The cars may all be loosely cross shopped but if straight line speed was all that mattered who would have a Z? Maybe I'll put my foot in my mouth when the Camaro hits dealers, but there's not a car up there that won't be a few car lengths back after a few corners. But just given the initial price of the SS, it has to be considered. Anyone into speed, straight or otherwise, should be interested.
BrokenVow is offline   Reply With Quote