View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNismo View Post
Yeah, but the whole point is that I shouldn't have to spend a couple hundred bucks to get my brand new car detailed. Stupid Nissan Dealers. I think its outrageous that a dealership damages brand new cars paint job. Its kinda like going to the dentist for a cavity fill, and the dentist telling you he doesn't know how.
Agreed, but a proper detailer can measure the thickness of your clearcoat and paint and tell you what life can be expected for future details. In addition, they can also assess the extent of damage done by the dealer. They can also prep your Z for a clear bra if you are going that route. Most likely if you were to go back to the dealer the same fools who did the damage in the first place will be the ones trying to correct your damage: lose/lose. Maybe ask your dealer for prospective compensation in another form (e.g. discounted accessories, parts, etc.)? Not all dealers are bad, but matters as these do not help the dealer cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm2525 View Post
Take them to court.
Amount too small to warrant the cost and time.