View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice
Default Finally Caught the Rim Stealers in NY

http://www.news12.com/archive/articl...news_type=news

I know a few of us on here have been victims of these dueches in this past year... I personally know of 2 370z's and a GTR that were victims of these people.. My buddy with the GTR caught them in the act outside his house for the second time, with all the lug nuts off the car about to jack the car up with a pickup truck waiting on the side of his house... He came outside and they took off. He found his car with all the lug nuts off already. The first time they were successful and it was only shortly after they purchased the car... This was within a mile of my house as well. They got another 370z that i know of not too long ago too, also in my area.

Now this may not be the only people stealing rims but they said they robbed over 300 sets of rims. They were selling them all on eBay and cops were on to them before they busted them but atleast i can sleep a little easier now that i know they are caught.

I know a member on here from merrick got his jacked and they came back again. That was the same story with the GTR as the time he caught them was actually the second time they were there. The first time the actually did get the rims.. I want to say I kind of suspect that they were tipped off by someone or some people because its hard to believe they knew where all these cars were and that the OEM nissan wheels fetch good money. Its kind of creepy to even phathom that thought, but imagine some one at a dealership was tipping them off ? Unlikely, but possible.

merrick and port jeff are 40 minutes away from each other, but I do not doubt for a second its not the same group of guys...

Its good to know that atleast this group of scumbags is now behind bars though...