View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #265 (permalink)
blackflag
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Z 6M base.
blackflag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
SOME members open the rear flap and changes their oil. You can look into it. It's like 3 bolts instead of 16. But you'll probably make more mess if it's windy out. I say buy a power screwdriver and your job will be so much easier.
With the cover or without, there just wasn't enough room under there...I could only use my left hand, and the filter was cranked on there...dry gasket, I think. Man, what a mess. You really need to be standing under it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
The stock oil filter IS pretty small
Man, no kidding...I don't know what they were thinking. I wouldn't put that thing on a Honda Civic. I had an Eclipse a while back... it had two size filters, and I always put the bigger one on. So I bought both of those, hoping to put the bigger one. It wouldn't fit, because of the alternator, so I wound up using the small Eclipse filter - at least it was bigger than stock. (I'm pretty sure it's the same size you used in your writeup, actually.)

If there's just a little room to put a remote filter, then I could switch to a better size...and it would be easy to put in the lines once I put a cooler on there...but I just can't see where to put it without standing underneath it.

Anyways, I'm SO glad to have the original oil out and fresh oil in. Still haven't pushed the engine real hard yet...getting anxious.

Last edited by blackflag; 02-20-2010 at 12:46 AM.
blackflag is offline   Reply With Quote