View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jgabucci
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37S 6MT
Jgabucci is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelzpwr91 View Post
Hey guys ive been reading about alot of people having problems with there paint (especally black and white) heres a guide to keep nissans paint issue in tact.

Wash: Meguiars Detailer Brand:Meguiar's Direct Hyper-Wash
^^ if the one above is to expensive there is this one that works well too:

Wash: Meguiars NXT GEN TECH WASH Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Car Wash

Polish: Meguiar's Direct Paint Conditioning Cream

Cheaper edition: Meguiar's Direct Deep Crystal® System Polish

For Wax: so far this is the best wax i've used that was suggested to me by the owner of a GTR- Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0 Paste

Quick wax spray (not needed but really extends paint varnish): Meguiar's Direct Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer™

follow this and i guarantee your paint will look amazing as well as highly protected, Let me know how it goes guys! i will be posting pictures of my BLACK 370 this weekend following this process showing the results ( i have done it before and it had an instant glass mirror look just never took pics .

For Professional Detailing:
i will post all the professional detailer products next week so stay posted.
The best protection for any Nissan/Infiniti is to leave it in the garage and covered 24/7..

The paint is so dam soft it isn't even normal. I have owned 08 Black G37 for two years now and I can't tell you how fustrating its been to maintain and the number of times I have polished the paint. Black paint in general is real hard to maintain for most daily driver cars, but I mean I can put swirls in the clear by removing spray wax from the dam car no matter how careful I have been.

No carwash's No HandWash's.. Mobil in my neighborhood has a machine wash that's basically soaps the car, and a highpowered/pressure water wash to remove it with nothing that ever actually touches the paint.

NXT 2.0 is a great product so is the ultimate quik wax only downside IMO is that it does not last very long. It does hide light swirls as well. They are available retail.

Poor Boys world Black Hole glaze and Poorboys World Natty's Blue is a real nice combo and last alittle longer then the NXT. NXT offers superior gloss though.

Porter cable, Meguiars m105 with Orange pad followed with m205 w/ white pad and if you wanna go alittle extra m205 with a black pad for extra gloss work real well with our paint to remove imperfections and swirls.
Jgabucci is offline   Reply With Quote