View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
prichardson
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z CS M6
prichardson is on a distinguished road

I did. See this thread for the full story:

GRRR. Apparently I only *thought* I bought my new Z

All I've got so far was a phone call yesterday saying that they're going ahead with the production run starting in March, so my car is effectively 'in production' and that they'll keep me updated. I'll likely wait until late March to see if I can get a VIN.

When they initially told me that they couldn't get their hands on exactly what I wanted, they said they put an order in and they have my deposit for it. That order would stay under the dealership's name with first right of refusal on it. If Nissan decided to go ahead, then their description got a little fuzzy for me. Whatever they said, it gave me the impression that that's when my name gets associated to the car, but I'm thinking it's kind of an indirect association - i.e. Nissan agrees to build the car that my dealer specified; the dealer accepts that they will take delivery of the car, and; my name is with the dealer as having a deposit on it. When I get some time, I'll talk with them some more to get it figured out more definitively. I want to know what, if anything, can derail the process (barring pirates hijacking the ship of course).
prichardson is offline   Reply With Quote