View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
i don't even try because i don't want to face the consequence if i fail
This reminded me of the first time I had to parallel park my car, I was thinking the exact same thing. It was in front of this coffee shop in Downtown San Diego. I was on a date with this girl and I didn't want to seem like a chump by passing up a great spot right in front of the shop. It wasn't that tight but it was the first time I had to parallel park this car. And to make matters worse, there are tables outside for everyone to sit(you know the ones with the green umbrellas). Anyway, as I was parking everyone was looking at my car and pointing, the 370 was still new at the time. This did not help me AT ALL. Anyway I kept my cool and managed to do it on my second attempt(not bad right?). There was also this old couple sitting right next to my car and they both complimented my car and my parking. Funny enough, minutes later as we were sitting outside sipping our coffee. A girl pulls up in a big'ol caddy, and she parked that thing in this really tight spot like a champ! Just one try! it was really impressive! The old couple congratulated her on her parking and said out loud "now that's how you parallel park!" as they looked at me....
elmz is offline   Reply With Quote