View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
i live in california so parking spaces are not as generous as in other places. And I find it really hard to parallel park this car because visibility is so limited. Also i have to be really careful not to scratch the front/rear bumper. Not only that i have to make sure i don't park too close to the curb and damage my wheels. (I have the sports package wheels)
Yes. I simply don't park in parallel spots. However, if I absolutely have to take the spot and have no alternative at all, I'll have my wife get out to check and make sure I don't scrape the wheels. If the guy to the front or rear is so close I'm worried about bumper taps, I'll have her stand in front of my car or behind it to make sure her body buffers my Z from contact. If she gets too squashed and there isn't enough room left for her to wriggle out from between the bumpers, then I'll know the space is unacceptable and I'll back up to let her wriggle free and I'll leave to find a bigger space. I usually try to be polite and pause for her to get back in the car. Moral is the best tactic to safeguard your Z from damage when parallel parking: get married.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote