View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
the external swirl pot is nice and all, but I really dont like the idea of a pot of gasoline being in the interior of my car in the event of a collision. especially when there is a pump constantly pumping into that pot... and if the pot were to rupture.. hopefully someone is conscious to shut off the in-tank pump that is pumping gasoline into the interior. I look at it sorta like trying to put a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in interior... just cant say that im a fan of pressurized fuel lines feeding the cabin. maybe in a race car with an added rear fire-wall, but not a street car on the track. IMHO anyways.
Yes, for many states having fuel lines running inside the car is illegal and you will fail a safety inspection if they see it. This includes mechanical fuel pressure gauges, etc. If it's a race car then the sanctioning bodies have their own rules on how and where this can be done.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote