View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Mandates for Z Ownership? Or Please Someone Tell Me What I'm Allowed to Purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydsz View Post
Perhaps your next purchase you will be more careful during the test drive phase prior to plunking down the 40g's.
You are in the market for a new home. You find the one you want, where you want, but the garage bay floors are not finished the way you would like, and the garage door openers are not belt drive with a battery backup for those times when power failures occur (plus, you like the quietness of belt drive openers). Do you keep looking until you find the house with the correct flooring, and garage door openers? Or do you implement the changes yourself because every other aspect of the home is to your satisfaction?

The OP was concerned about the noise and asked for feedback; others chimed in and said they were concerned too. Owners joined the forum to ascertain more about their Z and whether members are experiencing issues along their concerns too. Still others are looking for a solution to an issue that members might have found.

Now, I've gone ahead and bought my new home, but I change the flooring and garage door openers to suit my taste. Do my neighbors come and pay me a visit to chastise me for doing so because they don't think it was appropriate? It's my house and I'm paying for it, but WTH, my neighbors know better than I do (supposedly) what is right for me.

Maybe AK can settle this by categorizing what the criteria to be a the370z.com member is? If one of the criterion means that you are required to think like another member—because said member believes they have the universally correct definition of who should and should not buy/own a 370Z—then maybe some members do not belong here, and maybe some Premium Members need refunds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydsz View Post
Nobody's holding a gun to your head to keep the car.
And nobody held a gun to your head making it mandatory that you post on this thread either, or that you become a forum member (there are other forums out there) but you are a member here and you would think you can post at least something constructive. Yes? No? Maybe?

P.S. There are members who would believe that you did not buy a true 370Z sports car because yours is an automatic transmission.

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 02-17-2010 at 10:34 PM.