View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
Don't straw man me, bro.

I simply said that the 370 was designed around a specific price point as a performance car. You have a complaint about the interior noise that a small but vocal number of people have, that's okay and I understand -- but to call it a failing? I think that is an exaggeration because of the type of car that it is.
You missed that my reference regarded those who are now more oriented to convenience and who is willing to pay for it. This reaches out into areas such as a rear window wiper, heated mirrors (for those in increment weather here). Nissan did fail as there are those of us who would have willingly paid more for the extra goodies that we find appealing. They missed that market by country mile. Why is that Nissan JDM has more factory accessories than we do and the North American market doesn't?

Maybe the smaller minority is the mature minority that didn’t really have to purchase a 370Z but chose to do so? Nissan should be happy we were interested. I have not knocked those who wish to decrease the weight of their Z; race their Z; add glass-shattering stereos to their Z. Not something I am interested in any longer (and I have no problem telling that to their face) but they are happy with doing so, and I'm happy for them. People have mentioned that they would enjoy less wheel well road debris noise and they are branded a minority of owners who do not understand sports cars or the premise of the Z? Well I'll be damned for being so out of place. Makes me regret actually purchasing a 240Z and a 280Z—when they were new. But then again, I'm in a minority.

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 02-17-2010 at 07:01 PM.