View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
nuTinmuch
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PG 7AT 370Z
nuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the roughnuTinmuch is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
words
Don't straw man me, bro.

I simply said that the 370 was designed around a specific price point as a performance car. You have a complaint about the interior noise that a small but vocal number of people have, that's okay and I understand -- but to call it a failing? I think that is an exaggeration because of the type of car that it is.

I wasn't saying that sound dampening or any of the other things you listed ruin the sports car experience, either. While you were very clearly trying to be smug as you made that list, if Nissan left out some of those things in the name of price I probably would've been okay with it. I also sort of think it is funny that you equate a minor amount of tire noise on dirty roads with things like air conditioning.

I actually think Nissan should have released the Nismo as a bare-bones track version that had no stereo, lighter bucket seats, etc. I can understand why they didn't (cost/profitability) and I wouldn't call it a failing, though.