View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Cool My 370Z is REALLY a Sports Car...Yours is Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasboricua View Post
It is by all means a sports car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuTinmuch View Post
I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everything and I understand why you dislike the road noise, but...

It's a car that starts at $29,000 that focuses on performance. You could pin a lot of things on Nissan for the 370 -- some of the brake issues people had, the lack of an oil cooler, etc. -- but road noise? One of the big things that Nissan pushed as a selling point for the new Z was a reduction in weight.
So you are basing your assumption that a 370Z need not be quiet, or it's not a sports car unless you can hear the debris hitting the rear wheel wells? Or weight?

Then kindly remove the following (as they do not constitute a sports car):

• Passenger seat (not needed unless you have a passenger; you will not receive a ticket either—unless you take a passenger).

• Door panels

• Rear lid and back interior paneling

• Interior lighting

• Nav or stereo

• AC (Leave the heater as you will have to have it to legally drive in cold weather regarding the visibility through the windows.)

• Carpets

• Headliner

• Door kick plates

• Electric windows (Convert to hand crank—much lighter in weight)

• Replace the drivers seat because none the factory Nissan 370Z drivers seats have the proper bolstering to qualify for a true sports car.

The items above are convenience items and are not necessary for a sports car.

• Remove the following appearance items (not necessary for a sports car:

• Rim center caps

• Cut the exhaust tips off

• Throw away the engine plastic in the engine bay: covers etc.

• Sidemarker lights

• Burgers: front and rear

There is much more than can be dispensed with if you are qualifying the 370Z as a true sports car. Remove the items above and the 370Z will closer approach the true definition of a sports car.

Another route is to commission Mine's to actually make your 370Z into a real sports cars. (Mine's are more than qualified to do so. But I'm willing to bet that there only a handful here who can afford the price tag.)

So what was that definition of a sports car again? Thanks.

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 02-17-2010 at 05:46 PM.