View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
///M-Power
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Touring w/ SP
///M-Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Yeah, you probably overheated the clutch. I think this guy was at the drag strip and after a few launches his pedal would go to the floor and stay there.
This happened to me as well during a trackday. I purged my DOT3 clutch fluid and switched to DOT5.1 (take note of the .1 since DOT5 will destroy normal clutches) which essentially gives a higher boiling point threshold.

Pharmacist, I seriously doubt you have an overheating clutch issue. However, you might want to inspect if you have the proper clutch fluid level on your reservoir. If you have the correct level, then you might want to try a clutch fluid change first since that would seem to be the cheapest thing to do for now. If the problem still persists after the fluid change, then I suppose there is no other alternative but to open up your clutch and check for wear.

The clutch pedal is a master / slave hydraulic cylinder configuration so I doubt its a faulty spring issue. Also, you might have air bubbles in the hydraulic system.

By the way, were you able to fix your gear buzz / rattle above 5k rpms issue? I moved my shifter boot up and down countless times and I still suffer from the buzzing issue at high rpms. Don't really know what else to do.

Thanks!
///M-Power is offline   Reply With Quote