View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 11:35 AM   #1016 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up breaking down the k-member completely and painting it with Steel-it. I was at a cross roads whether or not to install SPL lower control arm bushings so I put a general post out to FB in a few groups. BTW Tuning reached out to me and had new loaded lower control arms with SPL bushings that he wanted to offload. SO... I took him up on that offer. I've got to say, that I didn't want to paint the subframe but it looks damn good now. I painted the pieces that connect the steering rack "gray" but it looks titanium.

During the break down of the subframe I noticed that the Whiteline swaybar was bent on then end. The SPL endlink bolt that I took out of the sway bar also had significant damage, which I had already ordered new Z1 endlinks. SO.... I went ahead and ordered a new Hotchkis sway. Everything else is new... why not.

I broke down the calipers so that the rear get completed and that the fronts get re-done. From there, I knocked out all the studs on the wheel hubs and put in ARP extended studs because the OE length didn't have enough thread engagement on the open ended Nismo lugs. I was in the painting mood so I added a dusting on the ends of the ARP to remove the gold color.

Powder coater dude said that the calipers would be done next month. That's fine. I can still put the front wheels on with out having calipers to roll the car if needed. I also ordered brake rebuild kits from Rock Auto.

It FINALLY feels like things are moving in the right direction. I've been waking up early in the morning before work trying to put in some car work. Both Sat and Sun were dedicated to breaking everything down and painted. Lot's of movement in a few days.

That steering rack should make it back in this coming weekend.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote