Thread: Gas
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
I read some where at one time that ethanol is not good for 370Z engine gaskets, or something like that. But that could be wrong. Just because someone said it, it's not necessary true.

Shell does not put ethanol into their V-power gas, it's 91 octane. That is all I ever use.
Ethanol is fine for the Z's engine. Straight E is less energy dense than gasoline so it requires a tune, aka injectors to be scaled roughly 30% more.

The thing to watch out for E is having rubber fuel line because it will eat the lines and then it will end up in the fuel injectors. All the fuel lines should be PTFE.

I ripped all the fuel lines out of my car and can't recall exactly where, if any, rubber lines are in OEM form. Charles/Phunk with CJM is pretty much the authority on OE fuel lines and what to do.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote