View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 10:31 PM   #3380 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
Depends on your narcissistic manager. Ima say you better not plan on those three days off. I asked for my two weeks to be part of my notice way back when, they were denied. So I quit and forfeited the two weeks pay. F*ck them.
I'm actually leaning towards giving a 2-weeks notice the day before I plan on actually quitting. That way, I get paid for the PTO days, as most companies require employees to show up to work the day after a holiday/PTO/etc. to actually get paid for it.

And I also know he would purposely create an awkward environment and put alot more BS on my plate, which I wouldn't do anyway, but I just don't need him up my @$$ during my last days by giving notice early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danegrey View Post
Depends, I had that happen once, had to give one week notice. And all my manager could say, since not 2 weeks, I cannot re-hire you.

Yea, probably kiss the PTO buy, but what is the policy on unused PTO, when you leave the company, is it loss.

Also, are you going back to FL, or is the new job remote or in Atlanta?
I've never went back to an employer after quitting. I'd have quit for a reason and it would be the same sh!t all over again by going back.

And yes, any PTO would be forfeited unfortunately, but I do have the option to donate and will donate all 4 months worth to someone that has helped me out in the past.

And nope, still in GA. The job is remote until the end of the year since their main office is renovating. As much as I miss FL, I'm not sure I'm ready to go back, as the moving process was a B!TCH. That and if I sold this house, I'd likely have to pay capital gains tax.