View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kzonts
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Roadster
Kzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond reputeKzonts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
So the diff stock has 3 mounting points, and all have bushings. Let's assume they get a bit loose and they all have some play. You now introduce a diff brace which is most often - completely solid, it has no bushing whatsoever. What will happen is - you will eliminate a lot of play...but you will additionally introduce a whole lot of stress on the brace mounting point. If you have the version that's mounted using just two cover bolts - I can imagine that being a potential problem. If you have the version where you have an additional screw on the diff cover - that might be better, provided that the mentioned screw doesn't go to ****.

I think that altogether - it's a bad solution and you should change bushings.
Oh boy… I have the diff brace with stock bushings. But I don’t track or abuse the car. Maybe just a little spirited cruising around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6508.jpg (283.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Kzonts; 03-15-2024 at 03:40 PM.
Kzonts is offline   Reply With Quote