View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
ed_423
Base Member

Drives: 370z
ed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond reputeed_423 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
One of the biggest mistakes is installing a fluid line or a blind bolt and only finger tightening it and walking away for whatever reason.

The person comes back to see the said part is assembled (so it appears) and closes up.

3 steps you can take to minimize the potential hazard.

1. Don't install it until you are absolutley ready to tighten it.

2. If you must install it losely but need to walk away, place a warning tag or bright ribbon on the part to show it needs torque.

3. use torque seal/witness seal or paint pen to indicate you have torqued it. Good for future inspection to see if bolts have turned.
Good suggestions, thank you! I’m still debating if I’m going to DIY this or tow it to a shop. I’ve watched a few videos and it seems doable. But also may not have a lot of time haha. If I diy it though I’ll definitely make sure it’s tightened!