View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 10:13 PM   #6317 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's not difficult - just do them over three days - one day to remove/paint, then a solid day to dry, then another day to put back on car.

I ended up using a small rock to pop them open slightly - then using the velocity of the paint - to prime them. After the primer stage - I closed them as I want complete coverage when they're closed. You are able to get close as you paint to get the paint in there... kind of an art - I figure that's the compromise vs. taking the time to drill them apart...

Will get photos up tomorrow after installing back on car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Man you are on fire lately!

I settled for the later model year dark chrome ones on the wife’s car. Not nearly as good as having them painted but a little better than the eye sore bright silver…

Jealous again
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote