View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 02:18 PM   #70 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to smell like grandpa in here. If only this forum had more than 1 active mod and a completely inactive admin, we wouldn't have dipchits like this to contend with.

Here's a recipe for loaded baked potato salad

▪2lb/1kg russet potatoes, partially peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
▪Olive oil
▪Salt
▪75g or 2/3c medium or sharp cheddar, finely shredded
▪250g/8 sliced bacon, chopped
▪200g or 3/4c mayo
▪150g or 1/2c sour cream
▪100g or 1c scallions, thinly sliced
▪3g or 1 1/3tsp black pepper

Add chopped potatoes to a bowl with a long generous squeeze of olive oil and 2 large pinches of salt. Spread out onto a sheet tray. Roast at 450F/230C for 25-35 minutes, tossing halfway through. When done, potatoes should be cooked through and be nicely crisped on 1-2 sides. Allow to cool before assembling salad.

Heat saute pan over med-low. Add in chopped bacon - i freeze mine for 15min to make it easier to cut. Cook for 15-20min until cooked and golden brown, stirring frequently to be sure bacon doesn’t stick. Allow to cool before assembling salad.

Transfer cooked potatoes into a bowl, reserving about ¼ of them. Thoroughly chop the reserved ¼ of potatoes then add them to the rest of the potatoes in the bowl. Add in bacon and it’s fat, mayo, sour cream, cheese, scallions, and pepper. Stir to combine. Garnish with black pepper and a sprinkle of cheese and additional scallions.