View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
makeao
Base Member

Drives: 2019 Nismo White
makeao is on a distinguished road

Okay, I tested it enough and I can say that it's working as expected.

I removed the audio decoder box that came with my nifty city tesla screen, and replaced it with the harness I made. After replacing it and wiring the RCA to the tesla unit, the sound went back to it's normal volume before the install, also the hissing noise that I had is gone using the custom harness.

For the wiring, I used the pinout posted earlier in this thread.

I tin soldered the connections between wires and tapped it with heat shrink sleeve.

To remove the pins, there is a tiny hole in each pin, I mean, each pin has 2 holes, one for the connection, and another one tinier, which is for unlocking that pin out, so you can gently insert a small tool on that hole and pull the wire with the pin out.
I used this tool, which is for removing pins of PC power supply:

After that, and according to the pinout, I removed every wire that was not needed in Metra 70-7553 and 71-7552. Took the extra pins from the Metra 70-7552, because Metra 70-7553 lacked some pins that were needed for steering wheel controls.

Also removed the audio pins from the Metra 71-7552, because the audio is wired to the RCA from the tesla unit.

Here is the harness finished:

And here how it should be wired:

I finally wired the shield wire like a normal wire, no issues.

If you have spare audio decoder box and you dont mind breaking it, you can do everything with only the Metra 70-7553 and take the male connector and the rest of the pins from the decoder box.

Note that this worked for my car (2019 Nismo with factory NAV), but I checked the pinout on the AV manual, you should check yours before doing anything, I am not responsible for any problems someone else may have with this wiring, and this post is for informational purposes only.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by makeao; 01-19-2024 at 04:03 PM.
makeao is offline   Reply With Quote