View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 11:37 AM   #220 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You're wrong on some of your info. The solid bushing does not wear. I've been running the SPL solid bushings for years now. There is no wear. I also been running the Bell brace for years too. What breaks is the diff cover where the stud mounts. The brace eliminates this.
I did say "susceptible to wear" Of course this depends on the user, the torque of attach nut, etc.

I can see the stud breaking off, since we essentialy pass the load to the stud with a stiffer or solid bushing.

A poster asked if the brace would be beneficial on OEM bushing, which I suggested it would be for above reason. (eliminating/reducing that flex in first place)