View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #744 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemeanie View Post
Well said Travis

Just a heads up; I took my car to Willow last Friday and had all kinds of issues. Hard starting, getting codes not getting codes, car wouldn't accelerate over 3500 rpm, would die while idling and all with a full tank of gas. Didn't even get on the track.

We took it in to Fontana Nissan and it turns out that the crank shaft position sensor overheated and melted the sensor. I have a new one coming under warranty. I'll have them protect it with a heat shield of some kind.

Anyway Travis, you guys might want to take a look see at yours and protect it with some kind of heat shield or tape.

Fontana Nissan ROCKS! Great customer service

z06stan
Big thanks for the heads up!.... nice for someone else to 'find' one of these issues first for a change! lol ... and sorry to hear about the rough day! do you have a 'freeze frame' of the codes you picked up? i'm curious if there are other issues... the 3,500 cutoff sounds remarkably like a temp sensor issue - same for oil temp

Junior- any ideas on how to shield it?
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote