View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Z4fun
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z SC M6
Z4fun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByThaBay View Post
Kudos to you for running the program - you've taken the first step to awareness!

I pulled out your data and the OEM knock threshold table then I did the math to calculate the % threshold difference. It looks like within your log data your thresholds show to have been increased on average over 55% with some areas having the threshold more than double the factory allowance! According to ecutek tuning guide here: https://ecutek.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/...ents/204332925

Given that your thresholds have been raised far beyond the mentioned 5/10% I would give some serious consideration as to why and what risks are being accepted by doing this.

It's not uncommon to have issues with the knock detection system for a variety of reasons and false knock is a real thing. The key take-away here is that the less sensitive (higher threshold) the ecu is to knock, the more likely that real knock will get missed.

Attachment 152801
Thanks so much for your reply! I will run more logs with full rpm soon.

Im surprised because all of my tunes were on dynos and no knock. Also the ECUTEK recommended knock threshold change is that for Supercharged Z's? I've heard from some tuners that they make alot more noise.

If anyone on the forum has a supercharged Z with stillen, vortech, topgunz, SOHO ect.. can you chime on ur knock thresdholds as well please it would be nice to compare. Thanks.

Last edited by Z4fun; 12-15-2023 at 08:45 PM.
Z4fun is offline   Reply With Quote