View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 10:41 AM   #83 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerkster View Post
For what I use the car for, it's perfectly fine. I take it to work, 30 min back roads and quick elevation changes and then weekends around town. Once I get to a certain point I plan to do some light autoX and such.

My main focus when I chose gearing was weight, braking, and handling. Z's really do have enough power after flow and tune mods unless your really going crazy.

Only you truly know what you want from the car and what the likelihood is that youll drive it on the highway a lot. Another consideration, if you ever plan to really start making power, you'll quickly "overpower" (for lack of a better word) the 4.08.
Alright, I think I completely understand what you're saying thank you!

My idea behind the shorter diff was also the fact that I do like the gear spread to be 2nd gear to ~60mph, third to ~93mph etc. After very much thought, I ditched the idea of any forced induction to get more power - maybe a tune to get a few extra hrsprs, but nothing more. We have super strict car policies here and there's virtually zero chance of me having a street legal car if I do any forced induction. Shorter diff will, I believe, liven the car up just that tiny bit more to get rid of the sluggish low rpms in second gear with the stock 3,7 diff. I can't wait to try the Z with the shorter drive...