View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Bringing this topic up from the dead instead of opening a new one....so, after a bit of track days with my Z, I observed my power steering fluid boiling in the reservoir. I believe it caused a slight leak on my steering rack as well, so that led me to wanting to install a servo oil cooler. I ordered this: https://www.driftshop.com/universal-...ooler-kit.html which seems to me like something that should suffice. I only just now went to see where and how I'd install it, and I see that our cars come with the power steering cooler (as in the pic above) - so I just wanted to check - is it enough just to replace this cooler one with the other? Or is there some additional work necessary? I thought I'd just drop the OEM cooler, drain the fluid, install the new one, fill it with the new fluid, add remainder of fluid and I guess that's it?
Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!