View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 04:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, thanks for the input. Two factors played a key role in my decision.
First I watched many different videos with Z owners, as well as read through the forums here to hear what people have to say.
Next I played in my simulator (Assetto Corsa). The stock Z in it has 3.9 ratio and while it's definitely shorter than mine, it doesn't seem short enough. I then tried similarly powered cars with shorter ratios, as well as even shorter ones (drift cars) and they are surely way too short. This 4.08 to me seems like the perfect fit for driving. The only thing that might be different is higher gearing on the highway....but seeing as this is primarily my fun car / road trip car, I'm OK with that. I'm not in a rush, I can drive it slower on the highway with the cruise control. So yeah, I really do appreciate your input. I'll post updates next year once it's installed and I make a drive with which I can then compare and comment.