View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVQ View Post
Those numbers are pretty impressive for a 3700lb 420hp car. Me thinks its a little underrated like the Supra? Advertising crank hp when its actually whp.

I hope they come out with a M/T for the new Nismo. Because once my baby gets old enough to sit in the front seat. I'll be in the market for another 2 seater.
For sure, one of the independent tests weighed the car, it’s a bit over 3600lbs. Not light by any means. It’s been dynoed independently as well and it makes 380ftlbs at the wheels on 91 and 354 whp. On 93 it’d be even more, apparently quite a bit if the Nismo engineers are to be believed.

Nismo engineers said they could drop a manual trans into the car no problem, it wouldn’t require any special changes. They said it’d be noticeably slower though, the transmission is one of the highlights of this car. It’s totally designed around performance and faster lap times.

They mentioned that if 5he car sells well and there’s enough demand for it, we will likely see a m/t Z Nismo at some point.

I’m personally hoping for an extra saucy RS version at the end of the model run to give a big send off to what is likely to be the last non hybrid gas powered Z.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote