Thread: Chasing misfire
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wuero370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370z
Wuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond reputeWuero370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chasing misfire

Hi, I’ve been having a p0305 code for about 6 months intermittently. I used to clear the code and it would stay away for a few weeks.
I went ahead and changed all plugs and a coil pack (accidentally changed cylinder 3 not 5) and reset the ecu but code came back almost immediately. Car has a high idle but doesn’t run horribly.
When doing the spark plugs cylinder 1 plug was completely black and the coil had some soot or black dust covering it. The rest of the cylinders looked totally fine including number 5.
I’m going to buy another coil and change cylinder 5 and hope that fixes my problem but I’m wondering why cylinder 1 plug would be fried like that…. I have been getting a heavy smell of gas from time to time in the cabin and I don’t have any exhaust leaks.
The car is also twin turbo and full e85 which I daily drive and fill up on mediocre e85.

Do you think I have a clogged injector or something? Not sure why one plug would be bad but get w misfire for a different cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wuero370z is offline   Reply With Quote