View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 09:23 AM   #997 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up the Sikky rear subframe that has been in storage since early May. I paid for a few extras on the subframe which includes MA Motorsports anti squat brackets, Sikky Rear Subframe Bushings, Skid plate. I purchased DSS axels but I don't know if I went through Sikky for that. The Winters Quick Change is a 8500 series but I think it's listed as "Pro 1500 Spool Diff".

If you went through the options... on Sikky you can see that it gets pricy quick. I clearly didn't get this stuff over night. It was certainly a slow grind. I also have a box of SPL parts and Import Drag Solution rear coil over shocks that all need to get put on the subframe. I'll be quite honest... I'm not sure how all these parts go on exactly. Kind of a common theme with my build. Which is odd when people hit me up on IG or FB asking for build advice... I tend to point people asking to more knowledgeable people.

I had a conversation with Bullseye Turbo about getting different exhaust housings for my car, specifically vbands. WOW, the casts are expensive... like 500 per. Reason why I checked into those is because I'm considering moving my turbos inboard directly infront of the exhaust manifolds. I'm thinking that this move will reduce the exhaust charge tube and clean up the charge pipes. I'd likely want to face the turbo inducers toward the middle of the engine so that I can capture air. What about heat from the radiator? is likely going through your head... or it should be. The large CSF radiator will likely be removed and two small king radiators placed where the turbos were previously. Radiator placement is still up in the air to be honest.

One thing that made me laugh about my build is the realization that my car has more American made parts than a lot of domestic vehicles.

TMI update? I dunno.

On a side note... I'm very much considering buying a scanner and 3D printer to make some smaller bespoke parts for my build. I feel like that's a missing component to making components for my car.

gbrettin is online now   Reply With Quote