View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Netz2426
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Gray M6
Netz2426 is on a distinguished road
Default My 370z won't start and I can't clarify the reason

Hello

It's my first thread! I'm 370z M/T owner since 2022 from S.Korea, which is imported from US.

My 370z is 13MY, Base sport M/T model.

As the title of this thread, my 370z won't start.

I've searched lots of post and videos regarding the starting issue, but there are no case that similar with my case.

Please see the history and symptoms on my car below, and I'd really appreciate your advice.

* History
- completely flooded car
So I changed almost wiring harness and module except BCM and ECM(due to immobilizer) that inside of the car.
- Also I changed engine control harness
- Almost of the harnesses and modules are used part, I bought them from Ebay seller. There seemed no damage on wire when I looked through them.

* Symptoms
- When I hold my key on hand and push the start button without pressing the clutch pedal, the car isn't in the "ON" state.
- When I put the key in the slot and push the start button without pressing the clutch pedal, the car is in the "ON" state. However, "ACC" state is skipped, and the car directly go to "ON" state.
- When the car is in "ON" state, fuel pump is activated and ignition relay is powered on. But the car won't start when I press the clutch pedal and push the start button again from this state.
- When I put the power from the starter relay pin on IPDM, electric load is applied but the starter doesn't work. I'll check the starter soon.

* Odd point
I doubt that my car is in trouble with steering lock module.
HOWEVER, my car doesn't have steering lock module!
The location originally steering lock module located is covered with black dust cover, and there is no wire and connector for the module - both of originally equipped harness and new(actually used) one I equipped recently.
Does anybody not have a steering lock module like me?

Thank you for your help, and looking forward to share my Z life soon!

Last edited by Netz2426; 11-05-2023 at 11:17 PM.
Netz2426 is offline   Reply With Quote