View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
The new Z isn't a failure at all, but the timing and pricing of it are.
I'm sure that heads at Nissan didn't have the intention of making it unavailable for us, they probably wanted to price it as cheaply as possible, given they reused 90% of parts they already had to build it....but the reality is that it came out in the most horrible timing for a car to debut, especially with very heavy competition out there. End prices are so high that whoever wanted to buy it, will be sadly looking at the competition as well, because if you're buying a sportscar for $50k, then you've got quite a bit of options other than just the Z.
The thing that blew my mind is that Nissan is using retooled stamping plants and foundries yet still hit the 50+. The new Z should be a bargain considering all that. I understand materials have gone up but they have been using similar design since the introduction of the 350z.
gbrettin is online now   Reply With Quote