View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 09:32 PM   #7138 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVQ View Post
There are so many better and superior cars you can get for $78k. That is absolutely ridiculous.

WTF happened to the Z being the everyman's affordable sports car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
$60k cars are the NEW $40k car. Between supply chain issues so dealers get so few creating a huge supply demand issue - along with dealers being greedy - it has made it difficult to find 'fun' cars or ANY cars for that matter at a reasonable price.
All we can do as consumers is 'let it rot on the lot' and refuse to buy one till prices come down but with people willing to spend ADM on new cars - I don't see it ending anytime soon.
Greed may be a factor, but not as big as most people think.

Though we are on the back-end of COVID19, the global supply chain issue, paired with 2 wars, is not helping with the replenishment of the supply chain.

Simply put, there is too much demand compared to supply, which will significantly drive up pricing (inflation). The exact same thing is happening in the housing industry, where there are still too many buyers (despite rates rising) compared to homes available for sale, so meaning what once was a $200K home pre-COVID is now close to $450K post-COVID. Same concept with the auto industry.

Don't expect pricing to come down any time soon. Don't believe me? Check out the article below:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/02/cars/...-dg/index.html