Thread: Test Pipe Leak
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 06:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default Test Pipe Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflaymes View Post
How do you know they are leaking though? Just curious. I have Berk test pipes and I only notice the VQ hiss.

Cold start the car with it jacked up. Reach around the gasket area and see if you feel exhaust gas coming out. You can only do this for so long before the exhaust gets hot and burns you tho. This method is the easiest to tell

You could also try and listen for it with a long piece of hose. One end to your ear and the other end to the various exhaust gaskets until you can figure out if there’s a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 10-27-2023 at 06:54 AM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote