Thread: Test Pipe Leak
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 02:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo8 View Post
Hello all,

I recently had a AMS resonated test pipe installed and have noticed potentially there may be a leak somewhere between the exhaust manifold and the pipe.

To eliminate the potential leak. Should i replace it the AMS supplied gaskets with Z1 Metal Manifold 3 Bolt Exhaust Gaskets and also add the OEM Exhaust Ring Gasket?

Your feedback is appreciated.
Some people haven't had any issues with the Z1 gaskets, but for me and quite a few others, they leaked a short while after installing them. I've had good experiences with both the Vibrant and Berk gaskets in the past, and am now using the CZP eXtra thick gaskets which I would also recommend, but are a bit more expensive.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote