View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 11:35 PM   #6214 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Same boat: Mine got 8 hours of polishing with Sonax, then some Evo Pure from Gyeon. Also in Utah but down south in the desert... my girl would never let me sell the Z so we might sell her BMW for something that's more outdoor/gravel road/trailhead/winter friendly...

btw: for those polishing with a Torq D/A - I figured out recently running it at LOWER speed and even lifting off to remove weight against the car = better results. Counter intuitive, but nice to not have to listen to it being loud...and the car shine is insane again! All in the prep as they say...not "fun" but the old ceramic from Cquartz was 2.5 years old and basically gone on the tops of the vehicle.

Gyeon Evo Pure is super easy to install/remove - I think the biggest issue is for those in higher humidity environments = not fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
Hello gents, over the weekend I dusted and vacuumed the inside of my Z. I also washed and detailed my car. I also changed my oil using 5 quarts of the Nissan Ester oil and the Nissan oil filter. I always buy an extra quart and pour it in the motor with the drain plug off to help flush out the lower oil pan. I also drained and filled my radiator using the Nissan blue coolant.

While doing so, I installed new O - rings on the radiator drain plug and the radiator air bleed plug. I lubricated them with clean coolant. I also installed a new Nissan radiator cap and Nissan coolant bottle cap. Filling the radiator is easy, so if anyone wants instructions let me know and I'll post it up.

The Z runs just like the day I bought her brand new. I have 106k on her now. I might be selling her for a trade in on a new Nissan Frontier. I moved to Northern Utah from SoCal and I need a vehicle to better accommodate the lifestyle here and the weather.

I would be sad to let my car go.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote