View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
m3clubracer
Base Member

Drives: G37x (also F80M3)
m3clubracer is on a distinguished road

I live in Charlotte and was quoted $6500 by Soho just last month! They wanted to do an alignment FFS! Totally bogus! They quoted me a used '14 engine for $8200 that had 70k miles!! I ended up buying the parts and doing it myself. They wanted $900 to just INSTALL an exhaust!!! WTFE Soho! I did it for my friend for $300!

So there is the problem. I had brick wall at either 2500 or 3500 and CEL. The codes were P0021 and P0524. I replaced the solenoid on bank 2, then pressure switch AFTER I removed to perform the pressure test at operating temp. I get 11-12psi idle and 50psi+at 2000rpm. I replaced the pressure switch (not like that had anything to do with it but I got one) and it still sends codes. So I purchased all the stuff to do the chain, water pump, and gaskets. Replaced all that and found the gasket popped out in the gunsight area with lose screws nearby. I figured that was the problem. After reassembly, on occasion I still get a brick wall at 25 or 3500! I reset the codes and it still comes up pending then CEL. Could I have a bad VVT solenoid? I am going to get a sandwich block and oil sending unit/gage now.

Of note, when I was replacing the 6 oil washers I could only find 5 (later found the 6th after cleaning up) and that was all I could install. I do not know which side I reused the oil washer. Surely that could not be the issue!?! I am not opposed to taking off the VVT covers and replacing them again just DON'T want to do the whole timing cover again!!!

2010 G37x 251,000 miles.
m3clubracer is offline   Reply With Quote