View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 02:58 PM   #350 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

TLDR: worth a try, no luck for me, yet.

Received the product, extremely well packaged and well sealed, I bet I could kick shipping box like a soccer ball and the bottle inside would be just fine. Mucho Gracias!

It's the fall, but it's still clear sky and 95F during the day in Dallas, Texas. I hurried up with trying the product so I can put the dashboard to the natural torture test.

Sat the dashboard under the sun for about 25 minutes while I took a dump. The dash surface temp was showing 160F+ (concrete next to it was showing 105F), dash was nice and shiny/melty.

For giggles, I applied the product on 1/4 of the dash when it's still hot and melty (around 140F at this point).

Did another 1/4 when it's completely cooled off (dry air, A/C environment, plus cooled with a cooling pad).

Let 1/2 untouched (including the 3 pod covers)

I applied 3 times on each side. Let it cure for a couple of hours in-door. Threw it back outside for Texas sun torture test. Shiny and melty again.

Note: on this spare dash, all area was "infected", except for the pod covers. They remained matted and smooth to the touch under the sun.

Let me know if y'all have other ideas to test. Hopefully others have better luck.