View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 09:23 PM   #7120 (permalink)
nismoskyz
Base Member

Drives: Z34 A54
nismoskyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
It's a new design from the ground up for sure. But IMO its 90% glam and nothing to shout about. Why?

...[quote shortened because my reply wouldn't post]

One more thing, about the outside. Like the new Cadillac I saw a few weeks ago, the *** end is all glam and huge, like a Kardashian ***. And like the Tesla 3 with its fugly black fan wheels, the wheels on the Aria I looked at were some of the most hideous wheels on a car I've ever seen. Just repugnant.
Sounds like we sat in completely different cars, I didn't notice any cheap plastic squeaks. Either that or the USDM Aria production is not on par with the JDM one, though I'd expect both variants are produced in the same plant. The Aria isn't an Infiniti, so don't expect premium luxury on the interior, but the build quality, materials, and especially design language feel modern. The fake wood grain also has to house the HVAC control touch buttons, so it can't be the same type as your fence, and it's one of my favorite parts of the interior. When many newly designed interiors use full on displays to handle things like HVAC, the HVAC controls are a modern touch but they never move around like they do when controlled via digital displays. And there's a nice, large, physical volume knob right in the center of the dash.

I also can't stand when car mfg's turn car interiors into smart phones put everything in an iPad tablet style display. Drivers need fixed buttons for basic controls. Unfortunately the only alternative these days is an incredibly outdated interior where almost nothing has been updated. This one strikes a good balance.

Pricing stinks in just about all new cars these days..

As for the exterior styling, when I first saw one, I really thought I was looking at a Lexus NX. It just looks like a typical SUV these days with some fresh lines, although I'm a bit worried that copper color will not age well.
nismoskyz is offline   Reply With Quote